Friday, January 6, 2012

Never-Ending Oatmeal!!! (Voluminous Oatmeal Trick)


Happy Friday!!

Today I had the best breakfast I have had in a long time!! (and this week I have had omelets, french toast, pancakes, cheerios etc.so this has to be good!)
This is not a trick I came up with but my all time favourite food blogger (who is vegan).
I'm sure some of you have been on her blog & if you haven't I would check it out right now, even if you are not vegan like me.
I was going to take pictures of my breakfast but It was sooo yummy & I was so amazed that I ate it all before I could snap a pic.
I love oatmeal, and if you do too, please try this trick, it really works!

Taken from http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/07/03/kozyshack-oatmeal-pudding/

As you can see, she can take really good pictures & spends a great deal of time on her pictures for her blog.

To see full instructions head on over to her blog Voluminous Oat trick @ CCK

First, measure 40 grams of oats (about 1/4-1/2 cup)
Add 1/4 tsp salt
Then add 1 1/2 cups or a little more liquid (milk=creamier or water or like me use 1/2 milk 1/2 water)
This seems like way too much liquid-but don't worry!!

Next, Microwave for about 4-4 1/2 minutes, stop before all liquid is absorbed.
Stop the microwave and  let it sit in the microwave for 5 minutes

The hard part-let sit in fridge uncovered for 2 hours or overnight. The watery mix will turn into about 2 cups of soft oatmeal & all the liquid will be absorbed.

 Just reheat if you like it warm, and add your sugar/sweetener, flavourings & toppings!

If you don't believe it-then try it for yourself! Thanks Katie!!


No comments:

Post a Comment